22.5.08

Go for it, Iceland

Ever since their debut back in 1986 (and yes, I am old enough to remember), Iceland has been one of my favourite countries at the ESC. Always doing their own thing, never being too eager to please, often being violently entertaining, often overlooked when it comes down to voting.

Tonight, I think Iceland will have wind in their sails again and make it to the final for the first time since 2004. Unless Euroband loses their marbles and become too over-enthusiastic on stage, this should go down very well with the viewers.

So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best and reminisce of few of the Icelandic entries that should have done better:



Silvia Night - Congratulations - Iceland 2006
13/23 in the semi final




Selma - If I Had Your Love - Iceland 2005
16/25 in the semi final




Paul Oscar - Minn hinsti dans - Iceland 1997
20/25




Sigga - Naetur - Iceland 1994
13/25




Icy - Gledibankinn - Iceland 1986
16/20

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I hate myself because I liked Silvia?

Tobias said...

Of course not. Silvia was great, pure comedy and a catchy song. In the end, a bit too much comedy for most people, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Some people just can't handle her brilliance.