Holy cow, Melodifestivalen is back, back, BACK!
The first semi must be the most modern sounding one yet and I love it! Was very excited last night to sit down with schlager-friends and see what SVT would treat us. Here is a short review...
- Nanne, Sonja and Charlotte made a luxurious opening number of "Holding out for a hero" to welcome the presenters on stage.
- Måns Zelmerlöw is a natural at presenting. Christine Meltzer showed her nerves from time to time and became a little bit over-excited but did fine all in all. Dolph Lundgren is king! Enough said. Brilliant move to make him part of Melodifestivalen.
- Ola - "Unstoppable": Good popsong. Liked the piano tinkle taken from Petula Clark's old "Couldn't live without your love".
- Jenny Silver - "A place to stay": Kylie-electropop. Wohoo! Too weird for the general MF-viewer but I will have the studio version in my iPod for a long time to come.
- Linda Pritchard - "You're making me hot, hot, hot": Tries to be Ani Lorak but will have to do with Marie Sernholt. Or less. Nothing warm, happy or sexy about the performance and the song is not good enough.
- Pain of Salvation - "Road salt": Hypnotic! Beautiful voice!
- Anders Ekborg - "The Saviour": Pompous and pretentious. Nice for a musical (Evita/Chess) but not to represent Sweden 2010.
- Jessica Andersson - "I did it for love": Moving ballad. Grower. As if Agnetha Fältskog, Dolly Parton and Dusty Springfield melted together into a classical MF-ballad.
- Frispråkarn - "Singel": Ok for its' genre but I'm always suspicious to hiphop in Swedish.
- Salem Al Fakir - "Keep on walking": Salem is such a musical guy! I feel pure happiness hearing all those harmonies. Fantastic chorus. A real song. Reminds of "Wonderchild" by Christian Waltz.
No use putting youtube clips of the songs that went through on here since SVT removes them as soon as they have a chance. Instead you'll get Dolph "the Superhero" Lundgren singing Elvis.
Final: Salem Al Fakir
Andra Chansen: Jessica Andersson
Andra Chansen: Pain of Salvation
5. Linda Pritchard
6. Anders Ekborg
8. Jenny Silver
Posh would have voted Salem & Jessica directly to the final. PoS & Silver to Andra Chansen. 5. Ola 6. Linda 7. Ekborg 8. Frispråkarn.